Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Safe travels, and see you soon.

Most of us take for granted the friends and family we have around us. How many of us have actually been in a situation where we were forced to leave those that we cared for or cared for us behind? A few of us probably experienced it as a child when we moved; I was in that situation myself. However, as children we are quick to make new friends and our social experience is ever changing, causing the pain to quickly fade away. Recently, one of my friends, the best friend of one of my friends, and the girlfriend of one of my friends was put in a situation that is forcing her to move a thousand miles away. Knowing what those around me mean to me, I can't imagine how difficult it must be for her to be torn away from all that she is familiar with.
I have only really 'known' her for about four months now, but I am very good friends with her best friend. To me, a friendship extends not only to a friend them self, but to those the friend cares about as well. So from that I send this message, a reminder that no matter where you are, your friends will never really be far away. We will miss you, and await your return. Since goodbye has such finality attached to it, I'll end with this. Safe travels, and see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment