Sunday, February 20, 2011

Dear Diary: Writing Challenge from Kit Fox

Day 123 in the Yerta Season of the Hessinan Year
My searches have turned up nothing so far, but I still believe I am on the right track. The academy masters still scold me for what they call "sacrilegious investigations". They worship the Predecessors like Gods, and will not tolerate anyone thinking otherwise. If it were not for my who my father was, they would have banished me from the academy, if not the city. I have tried to show them my evidence, that the Predecessors were merely beings like us, but to them it is more lies.
My latest evidence has pointed to a massive structure, probably a temple, some ways past the Pergaen rift. I first found evidence of it in one of the most ancient texts, in some obscure passage that has probably not been looked at for thousands of generations. It was mentioned in some sort of ritual, and seemed to be extremely prominent in the Predecessor culture. After I found the text, I was able to identify references in almost every other piece of Predecessor history that we have to it. This temple was clearly central to everything the Predecessors did; their very existence seemed to center around it.
I have been searching for this temple for over 30 days now, with no sign of it; there hasn't been any sign of Predecessor artifacts at all. I keep venturing further out from the city, but the area past the Pergaen rift is wild and full of dangers. It has to be out there, all the evidence points to it, and more than that, I feel it. I plan to venture out again today, further than before. I must find this temple; not only for me, but for my people.

No comments:

Post a Comment